Mama Hubmeier

Today is my Mother's birthday. She was an amazing woman & mother. We all love you so much Mom & miss you. Here is the devotion (& emails from family) I received today that fits perfectly with how we all feel sometimes:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! WE LOVE YOU THE BEST!!! TIM AND CATHY

Well said! I love all of you as well. -Chris

FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS!!!! SHE IS LOOKING DOWN AND SO PROUD OF YOU ALL!!! Phyllis

Oh, maaaammmmaaaaa we miss you so! -Joy

Please read. What a PERFECT devotion for today, Mama's birthday. ~Shari LYN
Daily Devotions from Lutheran Hour MinistriesBy Pastor Ken Klaus, Speaker of The Lutheran Hour®


"It Is Well With Your Soul"
April 24, 2009
I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ:
The salvation story of Jesus Christ reaches around the world. So that the readers of our Daily Devotion may see the power of the Savior on a global scale, we have asked the volunteers of our International Ministry Centers to write our Friday devotions. We pray that the Spirit may touch your day through their words.
In Christ, I remain, His servant and yours,Kenneth R. KlausSpeaker of The Lutheran Hour

When I first heard the story of the famous song, "When Peace Like a River," I asked myself why is it that God allows His people to go through such sufferings and calamities. What will our friends and relatives say about God when things go bad for us?
The songwriter of the well-known song had a similar experience, and this is what influenced him to write the song. He was a lawyer who had amassed wealth through his labor but lost all his properties through a fire. Surprisingly, his trust in God was not affected a bit. As if that was not enough, while crossing the Atlantic, all four of his daughters died in a collision with another ship. His wife survived and sent him the now famous telegram, "Saved alone."
What a tragedy! What a calamity in the life of a Christian. When he received the message, he was never worried about his trust in His God but wrote the wonderful song which said, "Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well, with my soul."
Amazing as it may seem, God has truly taught us to say, "it is well" when we encounter unfortunate circumstances. He promises us in His Word that He told us these things, so that we may have peace. In this world we will have trouble; however, we should take heart because Christ has overcome the world through His perfect life, His sacrificial death, and victorious resurrection. What a comforting and refreshing message for all of us as we are going through troubles.
We need the Word of God to strengthen us each day of our lives so as not to lean on our own strength but to put all our trust in the Lord who will guide our paths. In this regard, when calamity befalls us, we are sure God will empower us and we can also say, "It is, indeed, well with my soul."
THE PRAYER: Dear Lord, strengthen us each day by Your Word and help us to put our trust in You always. Amen.
Biography of Author:Isaac Adaam is programs coordinator for Lutheran Media Ministry - Ghana. Through Bible Correspondence Courses (BCC), Equipping the Saints (ETS), and The Harps - a music ministry team -- LHM-Ghana reaches people with the Gospel in this West African nation of 22 million people.

It IS perfect – thanks for sharing it! -Chris

Okay, so I am now crying for the second time today…
I can hear mom singing this song in church…loud and proud. Great devotion – -Joy

Thank you for sending that devotion, I loved it! How appropriate! It made me cry and I printed it out because it is so important to remember. -Cathy

Thank you all for sharing. Linda was So Beautiful inside and out. Will always Love Her and Miss Her.
Love, Uncle Joe

We love you the best, Mom! -All of us.

3 comments:



Noah and Amanda said...

Shari,

your mom was amazing. When I'm around my mom I always feel a peace and a feeling of love and I felt that around your mom. When I was at your house during high school I always loved just being around your mother and father...and just visiting. What a great family.

Shari Baby said...

Thanks Amanda. I appreciate what you said. I am so glad you felt so comfortable. Makes me happy. =)

AZSUN said...

Amazing. How I discovered this blog I'll never know but I add my fond memories of Lindas extraordinary soul.
Uncle Rick

Post a Comment