Bickel's First BLOG entry


Well, it's April of 2009. I was a little weary of starting a blog & being termed the name of 'blogger'. I am starting it because it's a nice way to keep up to date & also I know you can get free stuff from posting stuff on your blog so I am going to be waiting for an invite for freebies. =) haha. You know we love free stuff.

Here are a list of things that have been going on @ Lukas & Shari Bickel's household:

-Lukas is still working @ St. John's Lutheran School in Marysville, OH. He teaches 5-8th grade history & 3-8th grade P.E. Also, being the Athletic Director keeps him the most busy!

-I am a teacher's aide @ the public 5/6 grade school-Creekview for emotionally disabled children. For my part time job, I work w/ children who have autism & emotional problems as well. Right now I am consistently working for a little 5 yr. old boy & his family.

-Levi is going to be 10 years old in July. He's still super active & we love him & his energy! And he still loves us even when we don't have any energy left at the end of the day. gotta love dogs!

Sooo, every so often (don't expect an every day kind of thing, unless I'm feeling like sharing something) I'll be writing on here. (don't expect Luke to blog either haha).

Lastly...

I'm going to write about something recent that happened since that's the thing to do:

March 27th-March 29th

Titus (Lukas' younger brother) came to visit! We had a blast w/ him & some local friends. He came to our place this weekend because he needed to move most of his items in to our place, because in the fall he will be living w/ us while he goes to Ohio State University (boo). Seriously though, it's a great school & it's awesome that he got accepted there. Ti has served his last 5 years as a Ranger in the Army. So now he has his own bedroom in the Parsonage @ St. John's w/ us! Just some cool news.

Our Spring Break starts this Friday & we have it packed already. But that's good. We will be going to WI to visit our friend's Paul & Melissa who are on vicarage there. We're pumped! We'll also get to see some Bickel cousins as well-always a pleasure & good time. Then we'll get back Wed/Thurs & get ready for Mom & Dad Bickel & Titus to join us for Easter! We'll also get to see my dad on Saurday night, possibly Sunday morning.

It's crazy w/ our family/friends all living so far away...we miss them so much. But it makes our time that much more treasured because of it. Oh no, I'm sounding all bloggy now!!! Bye!


Keep up to date =)

6 comments:



JOYFUL447 said...

YOU'RE SUCH A BLOGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT SURE IF I CAN CALL YOU MY SISTER ANYMORE! kidding of course. i'm jealous! Let me know how you like it and i'll jump on the bandwagon - with my crazy mom blog ... i've been trying to think of something clever for a name ... ha! just remember EVERYONE SEES your stuff! so don't be too honest! HA!

Shari Baby said...

thanks joy...you're right about the too honest thing! i only reserve that for select few people! =)

Unknown said...

Geez, Joy, you beat me to being the first one on Shari's blog. Don't you ever work? JK. I really enjoyed your comments, Shari. I especially liked the one about the 6th grader. fun times await you guys - enjoy your break(nice that your schedules coincide). Say "Hi" to Lukas and my buddy, Levi. I'll now call you Shari Bloggy! Keep your comments coming.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shari! Thanks for sending your blog link. I'm glad to hear you're happy and well. Cute picture, too! It's fun to read your writing; it has a lot of personality. :) Love, Elizabeth

Amanda said...

Hurray you have a blog...I'm going to put you down as my friend on my blog...blogger buddy!! Love you and hope you're doing well. (my blog www.noahandamanda.blogspot.com)

Shari Baby said...

Hey Elizabeth! How are you? Thanks for reading my weird blog. It's secretly kind of fun. haha. I will go to your myspace when i can...it's blocked @ work. we'll have to email sometime...

Post a Comment