Bold Student


Yesterday at work, the students were doing an assignment for Social Studies. It was on Buddhism. Remember these are students who have challenges, but are very high functioning. One of the students came up to me & said, "I don't want to do these 2 questions." I told him that he needed to because you can't just skip 2 questions to an assignment whenever he feels like it (basically). He was very adamant about not wanting to answer them. He eventually did...but after some thinking I remember that he has very strong Christian beliefs. It's not everyday that you see this openly in a public school! When I finally check his answers, they say, "I am not interested in the beliefs of Buddhism. I am a Christian & do not believe in Buddhism." What a strong faith for a 6th grader! Granted, he'll learn that there are many things he will have to learn about that he doesn't want to...but it was so refreshing to hear a child say firmly what he believes & stick to it! We need more people in the world like this boy. We know the truth & will stand by God's Word. Thank you, Tommy, for your faith in Christ & your courage to show it!
The funny part of this story is that at the end of one of his answers he put, "And if you don't like it you can call my mom & dad." Haha.

0 comments:



Post a Comment