Update on House & Life

Since the weekend of April 25th, Dad has been going through (w/ some help but he is ultimately the bearer of this 'burden') the vast amounts of items from his house. Dad sometimes gets in a funk wondering whether what he's doing is a waste of time or he's not accomplishing too much. Lately he's been very positive. But think about what he has to do...& also wants to do. The things that he's going through are from his life, the past 20-30 years & more. While it may be hard to dig through the dirt & grime of an old garage, trying to figure out what he's actually accumulated over those years, he's doing it with a pretty darn good attitude. I am proud of him for making these steps for himself. While sometimes, I can frustrated too...I remember that what I am doing is out of love for my father & my family. I actually feel bad because I can't help him enough, because of 2 jobs plus still continuing on w/ my life while he's here. In June...he wont' be here & it will be few & far between when I will see him regularly while he's in FL. Sometimes Dad gets on my nerves or we don't agree on something but it all works out in the end. Our goal is to get the items somewhat organized before the whole family gets here on the 22nd of May. Then 2 more weeks after that, we will have the enormous garage sale. It is helping to get everything organized now in preparation for not only family but for the sale. Now all we need is a million tables to put everything on! If we do not get it all organized before family...that is ok. We are doing our best w/ the time & energy we have. I mean, it's literally a house full of stuff packed away. I will be proud of our accomplishments & my dad's, when we have finished & we see an empty garage & closets & trailer (that we are putting stuff on).
Please still pray for patience etc. as we embark farther into the garage! =)

3 comments:



JOYFUL447 said...

i'm proud of you both. I wish i could help... i feel guilty (which is the norm) that i am not there to help. I can't imagine how much stuff there is. You and Dad have always been a good team - you're both amazing people with an amazing amount of love and emotion. I love you! And don't worry - no one will be mad or frustrated if it's not all pulled off by 5/22 - it is what it is! You're doing a great job. ILYbothWAP

JOYFUL447 said...

ps nice revamp to your blog. :) levi continues to crack me up - your half-human dog.

Shari Baby said...

thanks joy. try not to feel guilty. i do what i can to help. and i know you would too & you are w/ your support for dad.
ILYWAP back at ya. =) see you in 14 days.

Post a Comment